- European Research Project
- September 1, 2018 - February 28, 2020
The main objective of the eID4Spain Action is to increase the uptake and use of the eID DSI by supporting local and regional Spanish administration in meeting the requirements of the eIDAS regulation. A broader goal is to use the Spanish eIDAS node to facilitate the access of European citizens and businesses to public services provided by local and regional authorities in Spain.
eID4Spain consortium represents different types of local and regional administrations in Spain, becoming a relevant example to be followed by other Spanish and European public administration in the near future:
- Junta de Extremadura, the central administration of one of the 17 Spanish regions.
- Diputación de Ciudad Real, a provincial administration in the Castilla-La Mancha region offering the e-government portal to the 99 medium and small city councils covered.
- Diputació de València, a provincial administration in the Comunidad Valenciana region offering the e-government portal to the 262 medium and small city councils covered.
- Ayuntamiento de Rivas Vaciamadrid, a relevant city council from Madrid region with several innovative projects and awards related to its Smart City Solutions.
With this Action, these public administrations will connect their e-government portal and the Spanish eIDAS node to allow citizens from other Member States to authenticate themselves and access the several electronic services in similar conditions offered to Spanish citizens.
The Spanish eIDAS node was implemented by the national government in previous CEF eIdentification Actions. The eIDAS node service is available as a functionality incorporated recently in CL@VE 2.0 (the main Spanish e-government solution used by local, regional and national public electronic services to authenticate citizens).
These four regional and local administrations are already connected to a previous version of the CL@VE platform not linked to the eIDAS node and the Scope of this Action is to connect to CL@VE 2.0 and