- Director: ALVAREZ NOGAL, CARLOS
- A comparative perspective of development and integration of Western European capital markets in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Agrarian organisation and economic development in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Economic causes of armed conflicts (Spanish Civil War).
- Economic freedom.
- Factor market, income and price of land.
- Finances and currency in Spain since 1500.
- Growth and welfare in Europe and countries of European origin since 1850.
- Historical international comparisons of per capita GDP and of human development
- Industrial location.
- Institutional economic history of European agriculture in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- International bank and financial integration in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- National and international migration in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Regional and industrial economy in Spain within the context of Europe.
- Sources of Spanish economic growth between 1500 and 1800 in a European perspective.
- Sources of long-term growth in OECD countries since 1850.
- Technological change and transfer of technology in heavy industry.
- The European wine market since 1850.