- Scientific Reports Journal
- December 2022
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
- We theoretically examine the characteristics of microwave-induced magnetoresistance (MIRO) and photovoltage oscillations in MgZno/ZnO heterostructures. We demonstrate that both kind of oscillations, although described with different physical properties, are intimately related sharing the same physical origin. We use the radiation driven electron orbit model showing that the interplay of radiation driven swinging Landau orbits and the scattering processes are at the heart of the oscillations in both scenarios. Thus, our simulations show that all photo-oscillations present the main features of MIRO: they are periodic with the inverse of the magnetic field and the oscillations minima are 1/4 cycle shifted.
- Civil and Construction Engineering
- Materials science and engineering
- nanoscience and technology; physics